So, I would have done a major photoshoot for this third blogiversary, but finding new friends who can take you photos in the middle of a street, at a cafe, or at aesthetic locations, while the weather is 1°C is quite the hustle. In other words, let’s make do with the pictures on this post.
I am elated and at the same time, my thoughts are everywhere. I am in the middle of wrapping up my first semester, and if you noticed, I took an unannounced break from the blog all November to focus on more school work, and more writing, just to come back in time on the 1st of December for the blogiversary and the giveaway.
I cannot believe it has been three years! Can you? To think that this website started as a self-challenge is the reason every year of blogging counts for me. It is basically saying to myself, “How far can you go?” If you read this post on why I started blogging, then you know what I am talking about. This post would not be long; I already have three upcoming posts for the next three blogging days, which would be 5th, 8th, and 12th of December (Ah yes, Happy New Month!). So, let’s get to that giveaway part.
Planning a giveaway this year was a whole task! I wanted something that was about you, instead of me. I also wanted something that would remain as a beautiful memory for you. So, I do hope you like what I eventually came up with:
- A CUSTOM WRITEUP JUST FOR YOU
How it works:
- Tell me your story. Yes, your story. Send me an email about what you would like to have something written about e.g. your job, your life, etc. This could also be for someone else e.g. a family member’s birthday, a friend on the sick-bed, your co-worker etc. PS: In your mail, please state whether your stories can be shared or not.
- I would reply with a quote, poem, or story, originally written for you or your friend (my reply can be shared on social media, but I will not share your messages or names). If you grant me permission to share your messages on the social media platforms, your messages will be shared anonymously.
- You own the writeup forever, and you can do whatever you want with it.
- This is open to five winners, and it runs from the 1st of December, 2018 to the 7th of December, 2018. Giveaway ends: 9AM EST / 3PM WAT on the 7th of December, 2018. Winners will be announced on the 12th of December.
2. A BLANK CHEQUE
How it works:
- Determine your own giveaway. Yes, you read that right.
- Go ahead. Mention that one thing you have wanted all year long. Or that recent thing you are eyeing with the corner of your eye.
- It is that simple. State what you need in the comment section or on the Instagram post about this blogiversary.
- This is open to two winners, and it runs from the 1st of December, 2018 to the 7th of December, 2018. Giveaway ends: 9AM EST / 3PM WAT on the 7th of December, 2018. Winners will be announced on the 12th of December.
- You must be subscribed to the blog.
ONE THING TO NOTE:
- You can enter for both giveaways
I almost forgot this part, until I decided to take a look at the last blogiversary post. So, here goes our progress report! (DRUMROLLS)
|Year One||Year Two||Year Three|
|Visitors||5, 974||21, 483||49, 885|
|Search Engine Referrals||124||2,416||4, 752|
As much as the numbers mean a lot, the truth is it is not just about the numbers (there is an upcoming blog post on this). For every person who says, “Alex, we haven’t seen any post on the blog?” “How’s the blog?” “I read that last post. It was just in time.” Those seemingly mere words are the best words, and I am grateful for every comment, DM, WhatsApp messages, shares, and suggestions. Thank you for being the best readers! Can we pop some corn to that?
Okay Royalty, remember the giveaway. Fingers crossed. All the very best, and see you in the next blog post!
With Overflowing Love,